Thursday, January 6, 2011

Female Recording Artists and the guys who don't like their music

You know, being a man that listens to artists such as Hilary Duff, Aly & AJ, Miley Cyrus, JoJo, Avril Lavigne, and so on; I encounter a lot of criticizm for it. Primarily from other guys, but even occasionally from girls, and I have no idea why. This has stumped me since it began. Why do guys have a hard time admitting this to other people. Better yet, why do they have a hard time admitting it to themselves. I think its because the ego of most guys doesn't think that way. I'm sure most guys think that listening to songs sung be females somehow 'rubs off' in turn making them feminine. This isn't the case people. I think that if guys listen to songs sung by girls would help them understand the great mystery that is the female mind just a little bit better. Its basically the equivalent of listening to you talk about what you really feel from the heart. How often can any guy truly say they have that on any given day? Oh, and just as a warning, if you are a guy who isn't man enough to listen to a female sing, then do not get in my car expecting to hear nothing but classic rock, alternative, metal, electronica, and hip hop; then you are sorely mistaken. Granted, I do have a decent variety of music, I'd say about 1/3 of my ipod is comprised of female recording artists. Anyways, just some food for thought. Don't think that hearing complaints from my friends on the kind of music I choose to listen and relate to bugs me, because it doesn't...the only thing that bugs me about it is, why it bugs you, and why you have to question me about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment